Gilles Chanteperdrix kirjoitti:
Philippe Gerum wrote:
> Probably grabbing more stuff from the kernel cflags into XENO_ARCH_FLAGS (e.g. > -m[0-9]* to start with). Gilles, would this be ok?

Probably, but last time I checked that, the ppc-compiled version of the
dummy program used at configuration time to extract the arch flags from
Kbuild was not work here, because of ahem, quoting issues. There are
some -m arguments we do not want (such as for example the -msoft-float
used in ppc kernel space).

Hmm. Does this also mean that the compiler isn't taken from kernel config at all? I tried compiling Xeno on a ppc box the other day, where the kernel had already been compiled by gcc-3.4 on another host. The box also had gcc-3.4, but 3.3 as the default (old debian.) Xenomai config seemed to pick the wrong compiler, because modules complained at load time of 3.3 vs. 3.4 conflict. The kernel compile host's default was gcc-4.0, so it was also forced to use gcc-3.4.

-- Heikki Lindholm