Hi ,

Refer to following specs .

http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Val/validation.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-DOM-Level-3-Core-20030226/core.html

Regards venu

Utsav Boobna wrote:

Hi,
Given a DOM tree I would like to check the validity of the subtree of a given node, by the parser. One way which I can think of is to write the XML document corresponding to it and then parse it. will it work? is there some better and effective way of doing it ?

also, at some stage if it is found that a particular subtree is invalid then, I would like to substitute its children by few different elements and then repeatedly check its validation for different combination of children, so I think writing an XML document each time wont be effective.
will some modification in the parser be helpful?

Utsav