Hi there,

I want to achieve a kind of emphasizing which used in Greek through letterspacing.

I have tried the LetterSpace and WordSpace properties, but I don't think they are intended for this.

The proper way seems to be the \so command from the soul package. But there is a weird issue with Greek glyphs.

Here you have the code:

  \documentclass[10pt]{book}
  \usepackage{fontspec}
  \setmainfont{Theano Didot}
  \usepackage{polyglossia}
  \setdefaultlanguage{english}
  \setotherlanguage[variant=ancient]{greek}
  \usepackage{soul}
  \begin{document}
  This is only a \so{test}.

  “Mind” is the English translation for \foreignlanguage{greek
  {\so{νοῦς}}.

  “Mind” is the English translation for \foreignlanguage{greek}
  {\so{νοῦς,}}.
  \end{document}

Letterspacing works fine with Latin glyphs. With Greek glyphs there is something relly weird (and it makes no difference if I use soulutf8 instead of soul): there is no text after punctuation characters, so if there is no punctuation character, there is no letterspaced text.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Pablo