On 05/24/2010 03:00 PM, Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:
Hi Pablo:

I did a little experimenting with your sample ... and I'm not sure
what's actually happening, but if I load /this/ preamble and change the
polyglossia commands to what I've used before (although there may be
reasons for what you've got), I get unusual results, too.
[...]

\newcommand\whitecomma{\textcolor{white}{,}}
[...]

You notice, I loaded a different font (I don't have yours) and loaded
xltxtra --- which loads fontspec and xunicode as well. Now, I made the
command \whitecomma because with this file, if there /isn't/ punctuation
in the \so braces, nothing appears from the \so argument or after. So,
the \whitecomma is to facilitate rendering the text, but making the
punctuation "invisible".

Many thanks for your reply.

Just in case you want the font, it is freely available at http://www.thessalonica.org.ru/en/theano.html.

\whitecomma is fine. A mandatory improvement would be that \whitecomma would be zero-width (which I don't know whether it is possible).

This may be a bad idea for various reasons, but it seems to work around
the problem.

Which would be the reasons why the command is a bad idea?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo