Gareth Hughes wrote:

I've been using that version of kashida.sty with Syriac definitions for
some time now. Are there any plans to make it an official CTAN package,
or part of one?

Well, I haven't a clue how to do that.

I don't know if this was/is useful for what Michiel is doing on this thread, because I don't know if the interchartok stuff supersedes this and makes it easier. I just thought it was helpful to be able to "group" the code points as JK does with the \charlist part of the \setclass.

Does Vafa's bidipoem package use a similar code? I can't
quite figure that out.

I don't know. But if any of the kashida.sty is useful to him (as it was written originally for Farsi) he can include it as desired.

Quickly, once kashida.sty has been loaded, is there an easy way to turn
this feature on and off?

I suppose it's just a matter of making an option for an environment or something. Maybe I could try that ... but if some one of you guru-types is looking for a little project ....

I'll let you know if I come up with something.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery