Ross Moore wrote:

There is a big compatibility problem with this package, which really
should be fixed before it gets distributed widely.

The choices of some of the macro-names are rather unfortunate,
since they clash with existing, long-standing uses for those names.

<snip>
I would suggest changing all the definitions and uses within
the package to names such as:

  \kshdA  \kshdD   \kshdL  \kshdR  \kshdV
etc.

Many thanks for these suggestions, Ross --- and I think Gareth is going to have the solution to all these incompatibilities.

But do you know if the final use of \XeTeXinterchartokenstate is needed at all? I mean, does the grouping of the environment itself limit the use of this \XeTeXinterchartokenstate so that it really isn't necessary to "turn it off"? It seems unnecessary, since removing \XeTeXinterchartokenstate=-1 makes no difference, i.e., it gets turned off anyway.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery