Niels Rasmussen a écrit : > Hi list > > Hi Niels, > I would to translate Xfce into danish. > > you are warmly welcomed to bring back to life the Danish translated Xfce. It hasn't seen any movement since many years. Only Xfce 4.2 seems to benefit from a Danish translation http://i18n.xfce.org/stats/index.php?mode=4&lang=xfce_4_2/da.
> As far as I can see: > > http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/language_maintainers > > There are no translaters for danish, is this the fact ?? > > This is sad but true. I updated this list some time ago and took out all the translators that did not send in updated versions of some packages for more than a year. > If so, I would like to do some translation on the Xfce core. > > I will update the list in a short time but you can already add your name as a new Danish translator. > Previously I've been involved in translating the new graphical debian > installer (it has more than 12000 lines :)). > > Xfce counts less lines, some example of it is the French translation page http://i18n.xfce.org/stats/index.php?mode=4&lang=trunk/fr, it has more 4800 lines translated, this is without the documentation po files. > I'm using Poedit. > > Now how should I get started ? I'm not familiar with the svn stuff though :/ > > You could start by reading the i18n.xfce.org website, it contains lots of useful information about the translation process and download the scripts to translate the 4.4 version of Xfce to be found on the svn_howto page http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/svn_howto#svn_scripts_for_translating_.po_files. You will need to use subversion for these scripts to work, some information about svn can also be found on the i18n.xfce.org website. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask them on this mailing list. I look forward to add the Danish translations in the Xfce svn tree. Max. _______________________________________________ Xfce-i18n mailing list [email protected] http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-i18n
