Okay, I understand. Thanks. Now...

Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Yury Tarasievich wrote:

I don't know about X internals, what restrains X from calculating DPI once the mode is switched? Or perhaps the apps arer going to be somehow impacted?

If we changed the DPI when the mode changed, the the apps would
need to know, but there is no way for the server to tell the app the
new value (unless the RENDER extension make s it possible this).

Is it that same RENDER extension people here are waiting for? How does it solve the problem, I wonder? Are the apps going to be rewritten? It seems to me, something like Mozilla still asks about DPI once per run?