From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf
Of Kevin Oberman
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 4:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [XFree86] ATI Radeon 7500 series

> From: "neal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:09:39 -0700

> ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C2DE69.DE312410
>
> I am really wondering..
> with X WINDOWS as good as they say it is.How come there isn't any =
> drivers for ATI Radeon 7500? I installed it and now I can't get rid of =
> it becasue it doesn't support that driver.
> So please have a driver for that someday?

The Radeon 7500 has been supported for a LONG time. I have several.

What version are you running and why do you believe it does not
support the 7500?

4.3 (just out today) does have MUCH improved support for these with
many performance enhancements and bug fixes.

In you configuration, the device should specify 'Driver0 "ati"'.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Phone: +1 510 486-8634