On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Clarence Wiggins, II wrote:

>I'm having the same problem with my workstation I also have an ATI
>Radeon and the X server just will not start.  I've even installed
>Xfree86 4.3 today and still no luck. I've tried it on 7.2,7.3&8.0 to no
>avail.

<snip unnecessarily long included posts>

How do you know it's "the same problem?".  It's just the same _symptom_
which could be due to one of many problems.  I am _assuming_ that when
you say "7.2,7.3&8.0" you refer to versions of the Red Hat distribution?
If so then should stick with the included version of XFree86 that comes
with Red Hat 8.0.

It works for me out of the box with my Radeon 7500.

If you want more help: examine your log files, see if you can understand
the problem.  Do a Google search.  Then post on the list asking for
help.

HTH,
Oisin Feeley