Enrico:

My main objection is in expectation. It never behaved that way
before, and I imagine our users will have the same surprise
I did: I got the cvs for the first time in a while, and wanted
to do a clean build, but I don't use MT nor any other contribs
than rddads.  So I did the usual CLEAN and found myself waiting
while everything built.

It's not a huge deal; it has its own defensible logic, Andi did
a lot of great work with the new system, and I
could live with it. But I don't see a reason to change the
default behavior to take a new action that is not asked for;
users shouldn't have to tell it NOT to do something unexpected.

--
Brian Hays