Ron:
The difference is: We have always built with this function available,
and there is NO discernable overhead.
Building with debug info DOES have discernable overhead.

So if people use this call, they will have a surprise after shipping with
the new build and eventually trying to use it and having it fail.

If users have been implementing it who just get binaries,
you've just created a new problem and new tech support issues.

Also, have you ever had the experience of an app having a gpf/hangup,
and then you put a rebuilt full debug build in place, and the problem
"shifts" and doesn't gpf anymore?  Having some trouble-shooting
ability in your app, if it has no runtime overhead nor size bloating,
is a good thing.

We're OK for us, but I'd still recommend leaving it in for xHarbour users.
We're taking something away from them with no benefit in return.

--
Brian Hays