Hi,

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Viktor Szakáts <harbour...@syenar.hu> wrote:
> I wanted to raise this topic for some time, it's a quite sad one
> (especially on such a nice sunny Friday as today) so
> I was holding it off, but lately Miguel Angel Marchuet again copied
> work from Harbour without giving any credit whatsoever to original
> authors. Around last month I've also found copy/pasted text from my
> own Harbour Changelog entry on the commercial version of xhb
> changes pags. Related e-mails thanked above changes to all those
> wonderful *xhb* developers. I'm not one of them (still banned), not
> wanting to be one, but all this doesn't mean they are not making
> benefit of these works, and even earning money out of it. So, IMO
> the least thing is to mention Harbour's or authors' name (even if it
> happens to be me) name (spelled correctly) when advertising such things.
> Current practice is more than misleading for both paying or non-paying
> users of these products and quite insulting for those developers who
> actually spend months with features and see them like this. Since this
> is simply an unmanly thing and probably doesn't break any legal license,
> I'm considering changing all my licensed files with a new item requiring
> mention of my name when using my work, but before I do I'd like
> to sync my views with others.

IMHO this is your right to do that but see below.

> [ I don't even mention that among all the Harbour developers names
> on xhb developer page, mine is accidentally left out. Quite strange
> if we consider that 30% of all commits were done by me (vszakats/vszel). ]

IMHO you can just report it to Enrico Maria Giordano who manages the
page, and he will add your name.

> To make it clear I have no problem xhb copying my work or even
> selling it (as far as they comply to license), but I'd like to see my
> name appearing when appropriate.

+1

> Worth mentioning that I've asked this from Miguel and Patrick, so
> far without any results (besides Miguel correcting one entry with
> my misspelled name, which isn't very polite).

IMHO this lack of results is a sad accident.

> If you have any opinion on this, please add it here, before doing such
> action it'd be also nice to hear some xhb opinions.

IMHO every such case can be easily resolved by communicating with the
person who forgot to mention your name. Adding a requirement to
mention your name won't change anything by itself.

-- Ph.