fprintf(stderr, "Moocow\n"); ?

or output it to a regular file in /, like
FILE *debugging_file;
debugging_file = fopen("/xMach-debugging", "a");
fprintf(debugging_file, "Log message thingo\n");
fclose(debugging_file);

--
[ Joseph Mallett           <jmallett@[newgold.net|xmrg.com|xMach.org]> ]
[ xMach Core Team         xMach: Proactively Unbloated Microkernel BSD ]

Support my computer addiction buy something from http://www.jmallett.org