Binary compatability with Linux and FreeBSD and NEtBSD is the only reason
I can think of, and from our perspective, this isn't a major problem. I
mean really, people don't whinge for PE executables for Linux (though,
iirc, it's being worked on) they just bash the evil empire. People don't
whinge for SGI COFF support in FreeBSD cause it's irrelavent. Windows
doesn't support ELF, a.out, etc.

Why should we support another os' binaries, when it would be better to
make our own OS more solid, and to just port code worth porting.

--
[ Joseph Mallett            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ] [ http://srcsys.org ]
[ xMach Core Team         xMach: Proactively Unbloated Microkernel BSD ]