Monday, October 28, 2002 you wrote:
LT> You could test and check for yourself from an exteral mail
LT> account. I = just did and my xmail responds: Remote host said: 550
LT> Mailbox unavailable [....]

Just to add to the test results above:
1) I also tested sending from an account not authorized to relay a
   message to "user%domain@xmaildomain" and the message was rejected
   returning "Unknown user"

2) I tested again from an account authorized to relay sending same
   message and the message was delivered to the user%domain but
   changed to user@domain

I believe this is correct behavior for the mail server.  It just
points out that we have to be very cautious to protect our mail
servers against spammer exploits.

Terry Fritts
Smart Business Solutions, Inc.