De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]En
nombre de Michal Altair Valasek
Enviado el: Sunday, January 05, 2003 4:10 PM
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: [xmail] Re: move domains

Hello,

If you need to move mail server, the recommended way is the following:

In the following I expect that old.domain.tld is old mail server,
new.domain.tld is new mail server for domain.tld.

1. Setup new.domain.tld as backup mail exchanger for domain.tld (it =
means:
setup the xmail using custdomains).
2. Setup DNS to have old.domain.tld as primary MX (as already is) and
new.domain.tld as secondary MX.
3. Wait some time, determined by refresh parameters of domain.tld.
4. Stop old.domain.tld and let it stopped forever.
5. Migrate all users and mailboxes to new server. It can be done by =
simply
moving the config files and mailboxes, but if moving between NT and UN*X =
you
need to change line ends accordingly. Don't forget to remove custdomains
from new.domain.tld.
6. Remove MX entry for old.domain.tld.

In the scenario above, no mail would be lost.

**** P. F. 2003 - http://www.rider.cz/PF2K3/ ****

-- Michal 'Altair' Valasek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
   I've been wrestling with reality most of my life.
   I'm pleased to say I've won.