Does the debian server host any mail domains as of right now or is it
setup as a backup?

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of Paul Heijman
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 7:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [xmail] move domains

L.S.

I have two servers: one running Win2k and one running Debian. At the
moment the Win2k server is running a couple of mail domains, but I would
like to move them to the Linux server. (so I can take the Win2k server
offline and upgrade it to Debian ;-)

What is the best way to do this?
I have total control over the DNS entries for all domains. Should I
replicate mailusers.tab and the domains dir on the Linux server and then
change the dns entries or is this too simple? Also, what happens 'in
between': when a remote mail server has the old dns entry still in cache
and the user has the new entry? Or the other way around of course...

Thanks in advance,

Paul