1) - I try both full email and just username, neither works.
   the username only works fine in OL XP and Kmail...

2) This check is not enabled.

3) I agree.  but alas you have to give the people what they want.. :(

The exact error message is: "There was a problem logging onto your
mail server. Your User Name or Password was rejected.  Server Responce:
'-ERR Invalid auth or access denied'.

I am assuming people have gotten OL 2000 to work with xmail before?

Thanks,

Will.