Michal,

We all use sniffers to find network problems. It's not the MTA that has to
be intelligent on that part. (Anyway -> you refer to M$ exchange and it's
monitoring capabilities... Ever looked into the results? It's crap !!
Believe me)

Here you find a good Public Domain packet sniffer:
http://analyzer.polito.it/

Good luck,