Davide Libenzi wrote:
>On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Shiloh Jennings wrote:
>

>>Actually, I think SPF is a superset of both RMX and DMP.
>>http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf.02.9.4.txt
>>
>>I personally like the simplicity of RMX, but any of the three solutions will
>>cut down noticably on spam.
>>

>The problem with all those new standards is that until a huge number of
>servers will starts using them, they are not useful (at least if you do
>not want to cut all the traffic from non-conformant sites).

SPF is designed in a way that allows a slow migration into it, i.e. if
AOL uses it (And they do), and my server can read their TXT records from
the DNS, then I will not receive fake messages from [EMAIL PROTECTED] Right now
they set the other addresses (i.e. addresses not actually allowed to
send from [EMAIL PROTECTED]) to ?, so they don't return "PASS" or "FAIL" but
"UNKNOWN", which could help in increasing their spam score in spam
filters, etc.

Read their pages on http://spf.pobox.com, they have summary pages for
admin and executives that give you most of the story in 5 minutes.