Hi Gustavo,

Gustavo Galvan wrote:
> If we can't validate a sender, anyone can setup a mail server and send em=
> ail=20
> with a false identity (like virus does).
> Have you a idea to solve this ?

(Thinking aloud...and not seen all of earlier threads)

- I don't think we can validate the originating server - only that it
/has/ a reverse DNS entry.

- But we can check that mail can be accepted at the originating address
by opening an SMTP session and terminating it at "DATA".

Not sure how practical this is...would be slow...the problem is the SMTP
protocol which is very permissive (!). Using that protocol, I think we
can only try to validate the data presented over it...

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

  “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation
of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control
the people who must use the words.” Philip K. Dick