Peter Lindeman wrote:

> I understand that but what is the use for it?!? Just scan for viruses
> and if not a virus let the user send whatever he/she likes. If you strip
> these attachments they will call it .bin.exe.txt and send it anyway. It
> will not protect anything if stripping that way

I know of a few businesses and gov't mail servers that uses this
strategy in conjuction with a virus scanner.  But its not only an aid to
stop viruses, its used to control what type of information is allowed.
   no images(probably because of porn), avi, executables, you get the
idea.  Work only - no play.

Yes of course the files can be renamed, but then how many users will
think of that?  ;)