I agree, I used to use this method when I was using Communigate.  I
might try to hack something together, but I am not very skilled in the
areas of perl/c++.  Just java, really.

Peter, in your experience, do you think this(stripping attachments based
on extension) is a difficult task or not?  If it is, then I don't think
my amateur skills will suffice. :)

Ben