As I understand it, XMail is checking to see the mailbox is already over
quota before deciding whether or not to accept the new email.  It does =
not
consider whether or not the new email will put the mailbox over.  I have
received some complaints from end users about this, because they expect =
the
mailbox quota to not allow the large messages that would put them over =
their
quota.  We have seen some customers with 5MB quota that have received a =
30MB
message.  They were alarmed that the email server let that happen, and =
they
were upset because they could not quickly download or delete the =
message.
Since the message was larger than their 20MB webmail quota, the webmail
would not let them delete it.  In this case, the webmail was trying to =
move
the 30MB message to the trash folder within webmail and 30MB was larger =
than
the 20MB limit, so the webmail software did not allow the message to =
move
from the inbox to any folder (not even trash).  I wish XMail has a =
switch
regarding quota enforcement, so it could be configured to not allow the
large message into a mailbox if that message was going to push the =
mailbox
over its quota.