*** JUST AN OPINION - PLEASE TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT ***

I think it is a great idea.  However, here is why I choose not to do it that
way:

1) Only scans those messages under 250KB or whatever limit you set on SPAMC.
This misses any potentially infected files a friend might send you in a
larger attachment.

2) Resources used more.  The message is now set to the SA box(es) regardless
of potential infection status.  And unless there is a quick abort available
in SPAMD for an infected message, the email will get fully checked by all
rules.... RBLs, SPF, etc... all completely unnecessary.

3) Can hurt BAYES/AWL databases... if the virus infected email is ever
written with the REAL source email address (which nearly none do currently
unless accidentally zipped into an attachment by an infected user), the
databases will effectively blacklist that user.  -- AWL is stored by IP
subnet/email address pairs.

And as a side note, hopefully you are using ClamD to scan those emails...
much faster than serial execution checking.

This is why I still stick to a policy of anti-virus scanners for viruses,
and anti-spam scanners for spam messages... and checked in that order.

AGAIN, just an opinion by me and is not to be considered fact, or even a
qualified opinion.  Plus, I reserve the right to change my mind.
Jason J Ellingson
Sr. Web Software Developer

615.301.1682 : nashville
612.605.1132 : minneapolis