I know this is an old topic but I have been holding onto the emails about
it until I came to set it up myself.

I would like to set up a secondary Xmail server that forwards all email to
the primary Xmail server. I don't want to keep setting up domains in the
'custdomains' folder each time we add a new domain, but there are a few
entries in 'custdomains' for customers who have us do secondary MX for them
or domain redirection for them.

Can I just specify the primary Xmail server as the default place to send all
email to unless there is a 'custdomains' entry?

I was thinking maybe entering the primary Xmail server as the
'DefaultSMTPGateways' option in server.tab but then the few domains I want
relayed to other servers with files in 'custdomains' would try to send
through the primary Xmail server, right?

Anyone know how I can get this working like I have described?

Thanks,
Alex