From: "Joe Harrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <xmail@xmailserver.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 2:28 AM
Subject: [xmail] Re: Problems with hotmail.com

Not intending to start this thread up again, but everything I've read
on the subject says this is somehow Windows related but I'm having a
similar problem delivering to hotmail.com and msn.com, but my XMail
(1.20) server is on Linux .

I was getting this error as it cycles through the MX's.

ErrCode   = -5
ErrString = Timeout error
SMAIL SMTP-Send MX = "mx4.hotmail.com." SMTP = "sougent.com" From =
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" To = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" Failed !
SMTP-Error = "417 Temporary delivery error"
SMTP-Server = "mx4.hotmail.com."

I've worked around it by forwarding all mail to hotmail or MSN through
my ISP but it'd be nice to know what's going on.

Joe