Seems to be not exactly the same problem here as xmail reported it tryed the
connexion to mx1.hotmail.com and mx2.hotmail.com (SMTP-Server lines) so here
xmail USE the MX records !
Seems hotmail very busy here ...

Is this the complete report ? (as I don't see xmail trying mx3.hotmail.com
and mx4.hotmail.com ... nor the overs tests)

A little question to Davide : could xmail add also the IP used in the
'SMTP-Server' line ? This could help to test connectivity to the exact
server on domains with multiples ip's associated with the MX used (like
hotmail and yahoo)?

Francis