I have written a module in C++ (VC6) that uses active directory for xmail
authentication.
If mail arrives for an active directory user an xmail account is automatically
created with default settings. The password is not stored in any .tab file. If
an active directory user checks mail an account is created in the same way.
This is compiled as part of xmail, it is not an external program. It involves
adding a call to the authentication module from UPopBuildSession( ) for POP3
and a call from SMTPCheckForwardPath( ) for SMTP authentication.
I have been using since version 1.20 with no issues.

Tom Banting                 Internet:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telcom Research             WEB:        http://www.TelcomResearch.com
Voice 1 (905) 336-2450    Fax 1 (905) 336-1487