Hi Davide,

On 30.10.2006 19:20, Davide Libenzi wrote:

> How many would appreciate per-RCPT SMTP filter capabilities?

I'm voting for this, too. But how is your idea of implementation if more
than one RCPTS are given by the client?

I guess the filter will be executed once for every RCPT - the .tab file
would be like this:

 "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"<tab>"binary"<tab>"@@FILE"...
 "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"<tab>"binary"<tab>"@@FILE"...

Just for understanding some example case:

I have a spam filter that's user-based and can reject mails at SMTP
stage. I want to execute it at SMTP POST-DATA stage. Now a mail arrives
with, say, 2 RCPT's. Both have a filter line in the new SMTP filter system.

Filter is executed for RCPT A - and passed.
Filter is executed for RCPT B - and rejected (higher spam level than Aor
smth.).

Now the entire mail with be rejected, won't it? I know, that's nature of
SMTP - it's only for understanding.

The big advantage is that we'd have control about filter execution (and
not only global filters anymore).

Thanks.

--

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Sönke Ruempler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ruempler.eu/