> just to clear things up, the post-RCPT filter is executed during the SMTP
> phase after each RCPT_TO transaction, before XMail sends the SMTP response
> back to th client. You have no message data available when the filter
> runs. Only client IP:PORT info, and sender return path (and, of course,
> current recipient address).

That is how I thought it would be, which is perfect, as this would be
the hook for people to have filters for outright rejection of senders
and/or domains/IPs.

This would enable to create user filters for "*.hinet.net" etc...
Currently this only happens on a global base in pre-data, which is not
ideal... I have also noted that the reject message from a pre-data
filter only gets issued once the "data" gets sent, which causes some
MTA's to go bonk, and ignore the failure return, only to keep
resending until everything goes up in flames. I have basically
firewalled out two servers that did that. One was fixed, the other is
still firewalled... :)

--
Best regards,
 Jorn                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]