On Sunday 04 January 2004 01:07 am, smf wrote:
> >I do think it's wrong to add new games (less than 3 yrs old) to
> > mame, except when it comes to games that are running on 10+ year old
> > hardware.
>
> The patch also added vasara2. System 573 is in a similar position, it's
> been used for something like six years. It's pretty much guaranteed to not
> be added until the last game is three years old.

I agree, this is totally hypocritical logic.  It's kindof like kaaza suing
kazaa light over copyright infringement.  MAMEdevs take this "holyier than
thou" additude by saying it's not right to release games on hardware which is
still being used, yet in truth, it's not right to release ANY game in MAME no
matter how old it is.  I still see galaga machines in arcades, so why doesn't
MAME remove galaga???

It's all just silly MAME politics to me....some guy (probably Nicola) said
that three years is the cut-off date.  Well, I ask you, how did he come up
with that three year number?  Did he somehow rewrite copyright law in his
head and deem three years the correct number of years before you can violate
copyright law?

Please.