Victor B. Putz wrote:
OK, I'm baffled. I have compiled 0.86 (both x11 and xgl targets) with XINPUT_DEVICES = 1
uncommented. The "xinput" command shows that my XInput devices are
still working (they were working fine with 0.83).

Starting a game even shows xmame seeing the devices! ("Using trackball
for player 1, 2 axes, 3 buttons" or the equivalent in the log).

But they're dead in-game.  Not even a wiggle.

Obviously this isn't desired... I must be missing something incredibly
obvious, but I sure can't see what it is.  Any suggestions?

The only XInput device I have is a plain old mouse, and it works, except that it's really jittery. It was fine in 0.85. I'll see if I can find anything.