Victor B. Putz wrote:
OK, I'm baffled. I have compiled 0.86 (both x11 and xgl targets) with XINPUT_DEVICES = 1
uncommented. The "xinput" command shows that my XInput devices are
still working (they were working fine with 0.83).

Starting a game even shows xmame seeing the devices! ("Using trackball
for player 1, 2 axes, 3 buttons" or the equivalent in the log).

But they're dead in-game.  Not even a wiggle.

Obviously this isn't desired... I must be missing something incredibly
obvious, but I sure can't see what it is.  Any suggestions?

Hmmm, I tried my mouse in Missile Command with and without XInput enabled, and it works, though as I mentioned before it's jittery. The OSD input code hasn't changed substantially between 0.85 and 0.86, so my problem may be a core one and unrelated to yours.

If you're up to it, would you mind sticking some debug output in src/unix/joystick-drivers/XInputDevices.c in XInputProcessEvent? There's a fprintf() statement in the button-pushing portion that you can uncomment, and you could add one prior to the "else if" to determine if motion is at least causing an event to be triggered.

Thanks.