On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 10:56:41AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Pieter Hulshoff wrote:
> >On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 09:55:14AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> >>You can already change scaling using shift + page up / shift + pagedown,
> >>this will only work when you're not using effects, since each effects
> >>comes with a fixed scale, adding effect switching on the fly should be
> >>easy.

> >Hmm, I think it would be a great feature. Perhaps we could integrate
> >scaling
> >and effects like advmame does as well?
> Explain please.

In advmame, there's an effect selection, and a scale selection. If I
have the hqx effect, the scaling will determine the selection between
hq2x, hq3x, and hq4x. In xmame, we have an effect for each item, so
we'd have an hq2x, hq3x, and hq4x, all of which basically overwrite
any setting for scaling you might have set.

> >I realise this also means I need to
> >implement h/lq3x, and up, but I have no problem with that. :)
> >
> Are you the person behind the original effect code for xmame?

Depends: if you think the code is really bad, then I deny everything.
Otherwise the answer is yes. :)

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff