Hans:

I was trying to find more examples to help you try and narrow down the
bug.  I wanted to do some more testing with different makefile
options, but I can't run anything in Xv mode at all because I get:

MIT-SHM & XV Extensions Available. trying to use... Unexpected X Error
8: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

Anyway, I have attached my makefile and showconfig, it's probably
something like EFFECT_MMX_ASM which is causing the bug.

Regards,
Chris

P.S.  I noticed that X11-input related section is being listed twice
now with the showconfig output.