Matthias Saou wrote:
Alastair M. Robinson wrote :

It seems that with x11-mode 1, when I force yuv to mode 2 (as I've
actually always been required to on this computer), it works great!!!
The thing is, games with artwork don't seem to require me to force yuv
to display properly.

It sounds as though your video driver might have broken or incomplete support for RGB overlays (XMAME is the only program I know that uses them, so they're not well tested...)

What type of video card do you have, and what does xvinfo give you?

It's a Radeon 9200 w/ 128MB on an x86_64 Shuttle barebone. The system is
Fedora Core 2. Attached is my xvinfo output.

Matthias

Good choice! (I've got one too) but radeons don't do rgb hwscaling :| . That wasn't the problem though, there was a (64 bit) bug in the unix code, this is fixed in CVS now.

Regards,

Hans

--
EuropeSwPatentFree http://EuropeSwPatentFree.hispalinux.es