Lawrence Gold napisaƂ(a):
> Any chance you could try a vanilla compiler?  You can install to an
> isolated directory, such as /usr/local/gcc4.
>
> Either way, the MESS changes to the PPC code interfere with scudrace,
> so I'll work with Bletch to see what the best solution to that  problem
> is.  (If nothing else, wrapping it in #ifdef MESS should do  the
> trick.)  Now if we can just figure out the cause of your  segfaults,
> we'll be set. :-)
>
> Thanks.

This is not mess-specific change and _not_ to ppc core as mips drc also
crashes with same backtrace. Moreover the crash appeared in vanilla u5
with unix subdir from released xmame-0.101. That time there was a change
to src/x86drc.h. I have never bootstrapped a compiler, but I wan
thinking about bootstarping gcc 3.4.4 just for compiling mame as it is
the only supported build tool. Could you help me a bit?