Zern wrote:
Hello,

I just purchased a Logitech Rumblepad II to use with xmame. The problem
I am having is that I cannot get it to work fully. I have the buttons
working, but neither the dpad nor either analog stick will do anything.
I searched the list archives and there was a posting in May of 06 with
the exact same problem, however, a solution was never found.

Have you tried the SDL joystick driver? It might be worth a shot. Just build with JOY_SDL = 1 uncommented in the makefile, and then choose it at runtime by passing "-joytype 5".

It may also pay to edit src/unix/joystick-drivers/joy_standard.c and uncomment

        #define JDEBUG

and see what the output on the console is when you press on the dpag or wiggle the analog stick.