Hi,

ok, I found the flaw in my suggestion: Auto detection of Calendar or Date
works fine for parameters, but not for result values.

After rethinking our options, I decided to drop my veto and have changed the
code in the following manner:

- dateTime.iso8601 is now mapped to instances of java.util.Date, and vice
  versa. Formatting and parsing is done by a new type XmlRpcDateTimeFormat,
  which is basically a copy of XsDateTimeFormat.

- A new type ex:dateTime has been introduced, which is mapped to instances
  of java.util.Calendar, and vice versa. Formatting and parsing is done by
  an instance of XsDateTimeFormat.

- Timezone handling is implemented by a new property
     XmlRpcConfig.getTimeZone(),
  which defaults to TimeZone.getDefault(). For obvious reasons, this
  property applies to dateTime.iso8601 only, because instances of Calendar
  and xs:dateTime both contain timezone information.

- Support for milliseconds in dateTime.iso8601 (thus java.util.Date) is
  not available. I am unlucky about this point, but I do not see how to
  change things.

Hope, that's fine for everyone, in particular Henri.

Jochen