On Feb 3, 2010, at 12:40, Dan Nicholson wrote:

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Alan Coopersmith
<alan.coopersm...@sun.com> wrote:
Dan Nicholson wrote:
Another thing to think about is that libX11 is currently in 1.3 RC
phase, so it's reasonable to enforce newer proto versions in addition to the version of xproto needed for generic events. We can branch from before the generic events patches (75fe48e7a) and cherry pick patches
for a 1.2.x for people on more stable systems. In fact, there aleady
is libX11-1.2-branch.

1.3 is already out & stable.  I don't think we've had a reason yet to
split off a libX11-1.3-branch, since there's no changes proposed that
would warrant a 1.4 bump.

Oh, man, I was in an extremely stale checkout. Pushing newer proto
versions doesn't seem like a nice thing to do in the middle of a
stable branch.

Ok, then how about we go with the 2nd patch (with the corrected/ unversioned requirements to the PKG_ macros) for the life of 1.3.x and plan on gutting that support whenever 1.4.x emerges?