On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 03:01:17 +0100, Cyril Brulebois <k...@debian.org> wrote:

> The 4th case is pretty annoying, and was detailed above. The 2nd case
> worries me a bit. Shouldn't one be able to use library/binary newer
> than the server, and expect those to figure out what the server can do
> and how‽

The BadLength error means that the library is busted (yikes!).

I'll go ahead and merge the whole sequence of RandR 1.4 reverts to
master and push out another RC right now; it's pretty clear which way we
need to go. I'll plan on shipping 1.10 tomorrow if things test OK. I've
been running the backout-randr code all day today, and it works for me,
with minor monitor switching tested.

--
keith.pack...@intel.com