On Sat, 2011-09-24 at 19:50 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> So there is quite a bit of unfortunate duplication in bugzilla.  We have
> components in for libX11 in both the xlibs product and the xorg product.  Xft
> has its own product as well as a component in the xorg product.
>
> I'd like to get this all straightened out.  I believe the goal was to have
> everything within the xorg product, so that is what I'm doing as I go through
> our bugs.  Is that still the case?  If so, is there a way that we can close
> these products to eliminate confusion:
> xapps
> XCursor
> Xft
> xlibs
> Xrender
> xserver
>
> If instead we want to keep apps and libs in xapps and xlibs, we should
> probably close out the duplicate xorg components (or other products).
>
> Should we move XCB from its own product into an xorg component for
> consistency?

Yes, it is important to implement the proper X.Org project architecture.

I'll take this opportunity to advocate that the xcb source repositories
should be relocated under /xorg if feasible. These are the only
externally recognizable hints that xcb is part of x.org project. That
would be helpful to direct comments/bug reports to the correct location.