On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2001, Michel [ISO-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2001-10-28 at 15:09, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> > >
> > > X seems to crash for me every time I access a drop down menu box in
> > > Mozilla.  It doesn't seem to matter what site it is, and it happens
> > > consistently for me.
> >
> > Sounds like an acceleration bug, have you tried playing with the various
> > "XaaNo..." options?
>
> Not yet...  I've been mostly fighting to get this card working under Win2K
> :-)
>
> However, I have noticed a lot of distortion left on the screen when
> minimizing windows under Enlightenment.  It's easily remedied by xrefresh
> (or simply moving a window back and forth over the affected area).  I'm
> not sure about this, but it seems to be more of a problem when running an
> App using the Xv extension (xawtv, gtv, etc.).
>
> I'll give the various Xaa options a shot when I get home later to see if
> that stops the server from crashing.
>
> In the mean time, I'm curious if anyone has even seen the unresolved
> symbols I mentioned earlier?
>
> Symbol xf86RemoveSIGIOHandler from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libdrm.a is
>unresolved!
> Symbol xf86InstallSIGIOHandler from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libdrm.a is
>unresolved!

Well, I got to the bottom of the unresolved symbols problem I was having.
I repulled everything from CVS, and tried again...  I might have had
different options in my host.def file this time around, because it did
work! :-)

My /var/log/XFree86.0.log file says DRI is enabled, so I just need to test
it when I get home :-)

So, I guess my final question/concern is about the DVI support for the
card.  Is there currently support for that feature on the card?  I've
heard success stories for getting it working on the Radeon VE, but haven't
seen any info on how to get it working.  Also, does dualhead work on this
card, or can only one output work at a time?

Adam