The bug with the lists in mozilla sounds like the same bug I just reported
with my 8500, turning on the option XaaNoDashedTwoPointLine in XF86Config
seems to fix the problem.

I'm getting these unresolved symbols with the my 8500, I'm guessing it's
because there is no DRI support for my card yet, but I could be wrong.

Symbol drmUnmap from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o is
unresolved!
Symbol drmUnmap from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o is
unresolved!
Symbol drmUnmap from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o is
unresolved!
Symbol drmUnmap from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o is
unresolved!
Symbol drmScatterGatherFree from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o is unresolved!