On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Greg Black wrote:

>Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 16:48:28 +1000
>From: Greg Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Keith Packard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], xpert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: Too many viruses of late
>
>Keith Packard wrote:
>
>| Around 15 o'clock on Dec 4, J Grant wrote:
>|
>| > There are other solutions, i think sites like spamcop.org etc can
>| > provide databases of common spam servers. But this all takes time, and I
>| > believe KeithP has lots better things to do.
>|
>| The spam is just annoying, it's the viruses that get people kicked off the
>| list by management.  Limiting posting to members will reduce spam, but
>| won't eliminate the viruses, unless I also eliminate postings from
>| Outlook...
>
>I can certainly live with the idea of eliminating Outlook posts.

As can I.  I already filter out mail from certian domain/MUA
combo's directly to the bitbucket.  M$ OutBreak messages get
scored higher for suspicion and dropped into special folders.  I
get so much spam and viruses in even one day that anything that
drops that count down is a pleasant thing.  ;o)

General open IRC discussion:    #xfree86 on irc.openprojects.net