Markus Schaber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Thank you for this information, so it seems we can't go this way. (I
> currently consider it impossible to port the whole XFree86 to our
> operating system, as we don't have anything in common with unix like
> OSes (and one can consider e. G. OS/2 unix like compared to plurix).

You might want to have a look at the Linux kernel framebuffer support.
AFAIK the drivers are rather simple, and "down there" it is not very
UNIX like either. If you use vesafb, for example, you should be able
to use nearly every graphics card with only one driver (assuming you
have a PC style BIOS).

                    Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--
Umweltfreundlich, da aus recycleten Buchstaben.