> Gareth, the current driver is broken. If someone wants to use video
> capture they _need_ both GATOS 2d driver and GATOS drm driver, period.
>
> What's so wrong about upgrading ?

Guaranteed, someone will get a mismatch -- your changes may go back
into the stock kernel, breaking DRI CVS or whatever, who knows.  Forcing
everyone to upgrade their kernel, 2D and 3D drivers to the right magic
revision is a recipe for disaster, one that the kernel people have
already kicked our arses over (rightly so).

> Also, I can make drm driver work nice with older 2d drivers - as soon as
> someone will show me a way to tell the version of the 2d driver that is
> accessing the drm driver.

Sounds like it'll need a 2D driver upgrade :-)

-- Gareth