On Tue, 14 May 2002, Rob Taylor wrote:

> This is all very well, but i sent patches to [EMAIL PROTECTED] nearly 3 weeks
> ago and i've had nothing back apart from an automatic response! does *ANYONE*
> read it?

There is another list for registered developers to submit patches,
and the turn around can be as bad as that, although I would usually
expect to see my changes in CVS within 2 weeks.

There are about a handful of people who see these patches,
I'm not sure that any of them are paid to work on XFree86,
so you are asking a volounteer developer to spend time
understanding someone else's patch (including the issues involved)
and then do the boring administrative stuff of integrating it.

I think code cutting is fun, but I wouldn't enjoy integrating patches.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna